- Write the book
- Edit the book
- Then what?
I thought the hard part would be writing the book. Don’t get me wrong, it was hard and time-consuming. But figuring out the next part was definitely harder than anticipated.
I’ll go into more detail in future posts, but over the last year or so I had to:
- Create my own publishing company
- File local & state paperwork to officially start said company
- File for a federal tax ID number
- Open a business bank account
- Purchase ISBN numbers
- Format and proof the ebook file
- Format and proof the print/paperback file
Phew. And I’m not there yet. I still need to:
- Approve a cover design
- Upload the files into Amazon
- Order a print proof
- Start / update social media accounts
- Plan a launch date
But, there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel!