“Come with me if you want to not die.”
You can throw together a quick version of Wyldstyle’s costume in just a weekend. It’s great for comfort – especially at a cooler time of year (like for Halloween).
- Black sweatshirt
- Black sweatpants or yoga pants
- Black shoes (I found some for a couple of dollars at Goodwill – you will be painting them)
- Black gloves
- Neon pink and blue hair clips
- Neon pink and blue fabric paint
- Neon pink and blue acrylic paint
- Optional: pink fabric to sew into the inside of the hood
To get started, I printed out several photos of Wyldstyle from different angles to match up the lines on her outfit correctly.
Then using fabric paint, I painted on the appropriate colors onto the outfit. I did this freehand since it’s a messy look anyway – but you could also trace it out in advance with a fabric pencil.
I did have to layer on the paint a few times until I got it to a suitable brightness.
Then, I added the color spots onto the right shoe with the acrylic paints. Wyldstyle also has a pink lining on the inside of her hood, so I stitched in some pink fabric to match.
Add in the hairclips or use hair chalk and put your hair in a ponytail to finish the look!